I’m all for making life easier whenever I can! I’ve been trying to eat breakfast more often but need something quick for busy mornings. This egg bake checks all the boxes and it tastes SO good! I make a pan of this every Sunday and keep it in the fridge throughout the week; to reheat it, I pop it in the air fryer for about 5 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need!
- A glass casserole dish
- 8-12 eggs (depending on how big your dish is, or how thick/thin you want it!)
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Whatever meat/veggies you want (this week I did sweet potatoes and turkey sausage; so good! I’ve also tried potato, bacon, and onion!)
- Your favorite cheese (I really like the Mexican shredded cheese in this!)
- Salt and pepper
- Crack your eggs directly into the casserole dish (Why dirty an extra dish if we don’t have to?)
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt (I eyeball everything when I cook, so don’t stress about being exact! This just adds a creaminess to the eggs.)
- Whisk the eggs and Greek yogurt together until smooth.
- Add your potatoes, meat, and cheese
- Add salt and pepper, then mix everything together again
- Bake at 370 degrees F for about 40 minutes; closer to an hour if your potatoes aren’t pre-cooked. I love frozen potato chunks for this recipe, it’s quick and easy! I also add extra cheese on top toward the end because why not?!
I throw this in the air fryer while I get ready in the morning and it’s been helpful to have on hand for a quick, filling breakfast. Let me know if you decide to make it and what you think!
I hope you’re having a great weekend,