Hi there! I hope you’re having a good week so far! John & I celebrated our 5 year anniversary (of dating, not married yet!) on Tuesday. It was definitely the highlight of my week! We went to a little Mexican restaurant with cute outdoor seating. We drank a pitcher of margaritas & daydreamed about where we’ll travel next. It was perfect!
It’s so crazy to think that we’ve been together for 5 years. It feels like yesterday & a lifetime ago, all at the same time. He’s truly my best friend! We’ve been through so much together, good & bad. There’s no one else I’d rather go through life with!
I had my first official therapy session last week. I’ll be going to therapy (virtually!) every other week. I feel really happy with this step toward taking care of my health! It’s also fun to be able to discuss different therapy perspectives & theories with my therapist (if you didn’t know, I’m going to school to be a therapist & I’m a complete mental health nerd!)
I hope you’re finding little ways to take care of yourself, even in the midst of a hectic, busy life. I wanted to share a few of my favorite ways that I’ve been practicing self-care!
- Going to therapy, like I mentioned! I’m really enjoying it so far, & it feels so good to carve out 50 minutes of time to focus solely on my mental health. 10/10 would recommend!
- Practicing mindfulness. This is something my therapist recommended; it’s something I’ve already been doing BUT she is encouraging me to be more mindful about being mindful, haha. For me, that looks like setting aside time throughout the day to notice where I’m holding tension, checking in with myself, & deep breathing.
- Preparing for work the night before! I’ve been trying to pack my lunch, fill my water bottle, & pick out my clothes before bed. It helps me get out the door faster + I don’t have much to think about when I’m in my morning zombie mode!
- Eating breakfast every day. I just feel better when I eat breakfast so I’ve been heating up a breakfast burrito, packing it in my bag, & eating it once I’m in my classroom.
- Decluttering-not my favorite but it helps me feel less anxious! I’ve been slowly going through my closet & trying to get my apartment organized.
I hope this post reminds you to practice self-care! What’s your favorite way to take care of yourself?
Enjoy the rest of your week,