Self care is so important, & it looks different for everyone! Especially right now, please make sure that you are taking care of yourself, whatever that looks like for you! To me, self care means checking in with my mental health, taking care of my body, & doing things that make me feel good. One of the things that has always lifted my spirits is doing my makeup. I’ve noticed that even if I’m in a terrible mood & feel like nothing is going right, the 10-15 minutes I spend doing my makeup can make a huge difference.
I’ve been struggling for the past week; my anxiety & so much uncertainty don’t mesh well, & I can imagine a lot of you are in the same boat. I’m doing what I can to keep things feeling somewhat normal right now, but the truth is, nothing is normal. I hadn’t done my makeup all week because honestly it felt so trivial, & it’s not like I’m leaving my house anyway. That being said, there is still so much to be thankful for right now & we will get through all of this together!
I realized that makeup has the power to make me feel good. It’s not about covering anything up, or getting ready to go somewhere. It’s that 10 minutes that I spend, listening to the Jonas Brothers on Spotify, getting ready for the day. It makes me feel like I’m ready for anything! That might sound dramatic, but it’s something I took for granted & really appreciate right now: I can still spend that time getting ready & empowering myself to face my day. That hasn’t changed, even in all of that chaos. (I realize that I’m extremely privileged in that the most disruption my life is going through right now is self isolation & small inconveniences. My heart & thoughts are with those who are being severely impacted).
I wanted to share a fun spring makeup look with you! I immediately felt empowered when I put this makeup on, even if I’m only wearing it to do homework & watch Brooklyn 99 (Have you seen it? It’s been cracking me up!) That’s what makeup should be about: making yourself feel good! Is putting makeup on going to change our current situation? No, unfortunately not. But it’ll make you smile, & right now that might make a big difference.
- I’ve been using the Jet Lag mask by Summer Fridays for an extra glow!https://www.sephora.com/product/jet-lag-mask-P429952
- Still loving the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue foundation stick! https://www.sephora.com/product/complexion-rescue-hydrating-foundation-stick-broad-spectrum-spf-25-P441829?skuId=2176857
- I’ve mentioned it a hundred times, but next I use 4 out of 5 of the steps in Carmindy’s 5 Minute Face kit! (It’s on sale btw!) I’m using a different lipstick today. https://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.A372611.html?colorId=000&sizeId=000&ref=GBA&cm_mmc=GOOGLESHOPPINGFEED-_-GShopping|M|Generic|beauty-_-pla-_-s|dc_44906288867_pla-829874389818__A372611-000-000_&mkwid=s|dc_pcrid_44906288867_829874389818_pkw__pmt__productid_A372611-000-000&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjcfzBRCHARIsAO-1_OrvWwAlSFLbPJbZLgCodQrsGaE1wSeQvSJCVXGnGnZOWCeQLY4c3v8aAkxIEALw_wcB
- I lightly contour/bronze with Benefit’s Hoola bronzer. https://www.sephora.com/product/hoola-matte-bronzer-P290636?skuId=1782259
- I can’t rave enough about this eyeshadow palette! I used the color “Goal Digger” all over the lid, “Charming” in the crease, & “Maverick” to fill in my brows. https://personacosmetics.co/products/persona-identity-eyeshadow-palette
- I just got this lipstick in the mail today & so far I LOVE it! The color is called I Decide, which I thought was fitting. I’m deciding to find things that make me smile! https://www.lorealparisusa.com/products/makeup/lip-color/lipstick/rouge-signature-lightweight-matte-colored-ink-high-pigment.aspx?&shade=438-i-decide
Here are a few VERY close up photos of me! I took them in natural light so you can see the true colors.
I hope you’re hanging in there & finding things to make you smile!
2 thoughts on “Spring Makeup Tutorial”
Brooklyn 99 is my favourite show of all time! Also that lipstick suits you so much 🙂 ❤
Thank you so much! 😊💞